Tuesday, September 15, 2015

-i make what i feel like-

In my mind art is a form of freedom, I can create what I want and change what I want. Art is about not the ability to create a visually appealing work. I enjoy pushing the boundaries of comfort and tradition. I love to play with and examine how people relate to the spaces they inhabit. The way that I connect with what I create constantly changes. I am easily excitable. I am a child at heart. To me art is a form of rebellion, if I make a piece that makes someone uncomfortable and judge my validity as an artist then I may call myself successful. Those who do not understand what I make are the ones I like most. I am not here because I know ever step of my life and know exactly what I want to do and be, I am here because I want to have fun and learn to change the meaning of the purpose.

"Microsoft Mischief" -Molly Froman
This piece was made on Microsoft Paint, probably the most irrelevant program on a Microsoft computer, however as a Mac Book Pro user I feel limited by the inability to have access to this program or one similarly simple on my computer. On this program you can manipulate images to create blurred or pixilated pieces. I really enjoy creating works such as these glitchy pieces. I do not have much a process for work, I usually change my mind as I work through the piece making decisions as I go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment